- Does Lotus Rock contain either PFOA or PTFE?
No, in no part of any Lotus Rock product does it contain either of these toxic substances. A consumer should not let a Lotus Rock cookware utensil over-heat, but even if the pan does the coating will not emit any toxic fumes.
- Is Lotus Rock food grade safe?
Yes, Lotus Rock has testing certificates from FDA, Prop. 65, EEC and LFGB. Various Lotus Rock items have been sold in a number of countries for up to 5 years, with much success.
- Is Lotus Rock oven safe?
Yes, Lotus Rock has 350 degree heat resistance. Please note that if the handle attached to the Lotus Rock cooking utensil is either stainless steel or silicone then it is oven safe, however if it is bakelite or wooden then it is not oven safe.
- What heat setting should I use with Lotus Rock on a stove?
Lotus Rock transfers heat very fast. Always use a low-medium heat, over-heating can damage the pan and burn the food.
- What should I do if smoke appears from the pan?
If smoke appears from the pan it is because of overheating, if this happens the temperature should be reduced immediately
- How should I maintain the non-stick effect of a Lotus Rock pan?
There is a very simple procedure to do this, please read here for more information.
- Can a Lotus Rock pan be purified and the non-stick release renewed?
Yes, it can. Please read here for more information.
- Since a Lotus Rock pan is made of carbon steel, does it need to be seasoned?
No, it doesn’t. However, a Lotus Rock pan does need to be maintained differently to other non-stick pans. Please read here for more information.
- Is Lotus Rock Induction safe?
Yes, Lotus Rock is compatible with all cooking top surfaces, including induction.
- Is Lotus Rock microwave oven safe?
No, a Lotus Rock item should never be used in a microwave oven.
- Should I always add cooking oil before each use?
Yes, it is important for all Lotus Rock items that oil is added before cooking!
Every consumer should follow these instructions before each use:
Hand wash in hot soapy water with a scouring pad. Put the pan on a medium heat setting and wait for all the moisture to evaporate. Once the pan is completely dry apply oil evenly around the interior surface.
- Is Lotus Rock metal utensil safe?
Yes, metal utensils along with wooden, rubber and plastic can all be used on Lotus Rock items.
- Is Lotus Rock dishwasher safe?
With limited use Lotus Rock can be used in a dishwasher, but a regular hand wash is recommended. One of the benefits of Lotus Rock is that it is very easy-to-clean, so dishwasher use should not be necessary.
- Can steel wool be used to clean a Lotus Rock pan?
Yes, steel wool can be used but wooden, rubber and plastic utensils are preferred to clean a Lotus Rock pan.
- Can I leave my pan to soak in the sink?
Yes, but it is not recommended to do so for too long a time, or for it to be done too regularly.
- What is the guarantee for Lotus Rock items?
If the use & care instructions are adhered to then a Lotus Rock item should be used with comfortable ease in a kitchen for at least 5 years.
- How do I remove black scorch marks from the pan?
Removing black scorch from pans is not very difficult. You can follow the below
instructions to remove black scorch from pans:
- You can sprinkle baking soda over the scorched area of the pan. Spray some water over the baking soda. Stirr the baking soda until it looks like a paste. Leave it for 3-4 hours.
- Now you can scrub gently the scorched area with nonabrasive pad.
- Wash the pan after you finish scrubbing.
- How do I remove oily marks and other stains from my pan?
There are two different cleaning methods which can be used to do this, please read here for more information.