A Lotus Rock Braiser is best used for recipes which require meats or vegetables that need to be seared quickly in the open pan and then covered with a lid to cook slowly in their liquid and the moisture that is created. Both at the bottom and at the sides, a Lotus Rock Braiser has a heavy gauge 2.0mm carbon steel substrate, with a thick ceramic coating on both the interior and exterior of the pan. This strong construction along with the dark, black coating with a low-gloss matte finish ensures high durablity and heat resistance.
Moreover, high moisture retention is very important for braising so every Lotus Rock Braiser pan includes a tight fitting lid so that the liquid does not evaporate. The lids and pan can either come with a wooden handle (such as in the photo above), or with a bakelite or stainless steel handle (the latter is suitable for oven use).
As well as stews (such as the Japenese beef stew shown above) other common dishes that can be prepared in a braiser pan include paella, pasta, potato and enchilada dishes.
- This Braiser, with a glass tight-fitting lid, helps food retain moisture and emerge juicy and tender.
- Rain forest effect continuously showers juices, maintaining moistness of foods
- Circulation of juices and even heat distribution ensures uniform roasting of meats and al dente vegetables
- Optimized for steady, even heat, Lotus Rock’s reinforced ceramic interior resists staining, dulling, and wear and tear.
- Black ceramic interior is exceptional for high-heat searing, plus braising and caramelizing
- Lipophilic nano-silica coating, seasoning naturally, without maintenance
- Durable ceramic interior is scratch-resistant; will not chip, discolor or rust
- PTFE and PFOA-free
- Suitable for all cooktops, including induction
- Oven-safe to 500 F and broiler-safe (if with SS handles)
- Dishwasher-safe, but hand washing recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty