The non-stick function for Lotus Rock bakeware is quite unique: it is a non-greasy, durable non-stick. In the market place today currently consumers have the choice between stainless steel bakeware, which requires a lot of greasing, but which is very durable with high heat resistance; or silicone non-stick bakeware, which doesn’t require much greasing but is not very durable and does not have high heat resistance. With Lotus Rock bakeware, because of the silicon-oxide crystal coating, nestled within its rough, valley-like surface, a small amount of oil can be wiped into the permeable, lipophilic coating. With this type of coating technology a cake can be baked with good non-stick release for easy removal, while at the same time the cooking oil remains in the pan and not on the baked ingredients. With stainless steel bakeware, because the surface is polished and so quite flat, with no nooks and crannies for the oil to reside inside, a lot of oil will remain with the baked ingredients. This can be a disadvantage for some consumers who don’t like to add too much oil for health concern reasons.
Another significant advantage of Lotus Rock is the non-stick release around the sides of the bakeware. For most non-stick coated pans the non-stick effect is generally best at the bottom of the pan, while at the side it is less potent. As shown in this phot, the chocolate cake has stuck at the side of the pan, but not at the bottom. If you want to get the whole cake or bread out of the pan in one piece, then sticking at the edge can adversely affect the appearance. With Lotus Rock on the other hand, the oil wiped on the pan provides non-stick release that is just as good at the side of the cake pan than at the bottom.
Lotus Rock Square/ Round Cake Pan
- 8“”9″ round cake pan ideal for layer cakes, fruit crisps, buns and more.
- Versatile 8″ 9″ square cake pan is ideal for baking bar cookies, brownies and cakes.
- Hybrid ceramic coating is blended with a lotus-effect, lipophilic nonstick coating for easy release of every type of food, making it highly durable.
- Commercial-grade, heavy gauge steel distributes heat quickly and evenly for consistent baking results.
- Completely resistant to attack by sugars and other baking ingredients as well as cleansers.
- PFOA- and PTFE-free.