To supplement an excellent Lotus Rock pan, a well-constructed, ergonomic handle is also needed. Lotus Rock has designed and patented a number of its own handles, each of which have their own distinct benefits and characteristcs for a particular type of pan shape.
1. Long handle. If the pan is over 30cm diameter (often a stir wok), then a smaller helper-handle will be attached on the opposite side. The large handle facilitates flipping, while the short handle makes it easy to lift.
Handle Attachment Method
- Riveted. This gives the pan and the handle a strongly constructed appearance.
- Welded. With no rivets the interior of the pan is easier to clean and some consider it makes the pan more attractive.
- Molded. Shares the benefits of both types of handles above, however it will transmit heat more easily so some care is needed.
- Detachable. With this type of handle the pan uses less storage space. It is also very simple for the consumer to attach and detach themselves.
1. Natural wood. This type of handle does not transmit heat easily, so it is safe for the consumer to hold and use during cooking. Its appearance also matches quite well with the design of most stir woks.
2. Professional & Forged. Either polished or brushed stainless steel handles are often seen as a signal that the pan is of a high quality. If well designed, then the handles should not transmit heat too well either. Suitable for use in the oven and on an outdoor grill.
3. Soft-grip. Lotus Rock bakelite handles have soft-touch coating added to them to make them highly comfortable to hold and cook with. For a more trendy, distinct and eye-catching appearance then a silicone handle can be riveted to a pan. One such handle is the Lotus Rock Lollipop handle, as shown below. This particular handle is suitable for use in the oven and on an outdoor BBQ.